The Pelican Waters Lock allows the passage of water craft between Pelican Waters Northern Lake and Lamerough Canal.
The refurbishment of the lock included:
- Installation of temporary cofferdam bulkheads
- Pumping out of the Lock
- Relocation of marine life from inside the lock to the external waterways
- Removal, refurbishment and blasting and painting of the Lock gates
- Offsite refurbishment of actuator motors
- Cleaning of concrete base and walls including concrete repairs
- Re-installation and commissioning of the Lock gates
- Tooling, forming and installation of new gate seals.
Ecospec completed the works on program in six weeks.