Renewal SA published a tender to design, install and maintain an Urban Beach on the river bank of the River Torrens in Adelaide.
The design and installation of the Urban Beach included:
- Installation of a beach fronting the River Torrens with over 350 tonnes of sand
- Installation of a beach volleyball court that could be used for multi-purpose sport and recreation
- Creation of an Urban Beach bar and food area
- Creation of a relaxing beach feel and beer garden area
- Building of beach huts for food service and hire equipment
- Design and creation of a water play zone safe for all patrons, including children
- Undertaking the asset maintenance including cleaning, security and maintenance
- Decommissioning of the site, and providing and storing of recycling components of the beach for additional projects.
Ecospec completed the installation in 2 weeks and the decommission in 5 days.
Urban Beach has taken over Pinky Flat by the Torrens but we're yet to see any beach-y weather to celebrate its arrival – Amelia Mulcahy has the latest. Weather – http://bit.ly/1Fs948g#Weather #7News
Posted by 7 News Adelaide on Sunday, 3 December 2017